- Lens Series: Sigma ART Series Series, Sigma DG Series
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Fixed Focal Length: 135mm
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 (maximum) to f/16 (minimum)
- Features two FLD Elements and two SLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Made with TSC Material, Brass Bayonet Mount
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock
- No Image Stabilization
This 135mm f/1.8 lens for Nikon F-mount cameras is a mid-range telephoto Art lens from Sigma that is quite fast and renders sharp images from edge to edge. It's 1.8 f-stop provides for a shallow depth of field as well as impressive isolation of subjects and thus making it a great lens for portraiture, both up-close and full-length portraits.
This lens makes use of Sigma's new large hyper sonic motor (HSM) to provide ample torque to the focus group for optimal speed while the acceleration sensor detects the position of the lens for compensation focus groups for such factors as gravity, producing faster and more responsive AF. It is also equipped with a focus limiter thus making it ideal for use in various instances and a variety of distances. It is ideal for use during press conferences, indoor sporting activities and concerts.
This lens is a full-frame lens, however, it can also be used on DX models where it will provide a 202.5mm equivalent focal length. Its maximum aperture of f/1.8 makes it bright enough for work in lowly-ligt environments. Two SLD and two FLD elements make up the optical design and assist in reducing color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy. Further, a Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to the lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
The lens' diaphragm is made up of 9 blades that contriute to the production of smooth and pleasing bokeh. Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, alongside other metals that make lenses, has been used to make this lens for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Also, a rubber seal has been incorporated in the design to make it splash and dust resistant. Finally, this lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
In the Box
- Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens for Nikon F
- Sigma 82mm Lens Cap (LCF-82 III)
- Sigma Rear Cap (LCR II) for Nikon F Mount Lenses
- Lens Hood for Sigma 135mm (LH880-03)