- APS-C Format/EF-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Five SLD Elements
- 28.8-56mm (35mm Equivalent)
This 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Lens is a versatile Art-series zoom lens from Sigma that is uniquely fast and designed to cover wide-angle to normal focal lengths and fit Canon cameras with EF-mount. This lens has a constant maximum aperture of f/1.8 that is quite bright, making the lens suitable for use even in difficult lighting conditions and offers impressive depth of field control throughout the zoom range. The optical design incorporates a series of SLD and aspherical elements that help to achieve high clarity and sharpness by suppressing various aberrations, color fringing, and distortion. Lens flare and ghosting is controlled via the application of a Super Multi-Layer Coating on the zoom lens for improved contrast and color accuracy. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens also sports an advanced Hyper Sonic Motor, along with an internal focusing design, to promote fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance.
- Being part of Sigma's Global Vision series of Art lenses, this lens is designed to well suit creative and artistic applications as a wide-to-normal zoom lens.
- It is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-mount cameras, providing a 28.8-56mm equivalent focal length range.
- With a bright and constant maximum aperture, the lens can be comfortably used in lowly lit conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- The lens is made of a nine-blade rounded diaphragm that contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality in images.
- Five Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
Included in the box
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Canon EF
- Sigma Rear Cap LCR II for Canon EF Mount Lenses
- Sigma LCF-72 III 72mm Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood for 18-35mm
- Lens Case