- Focal length: 55-250mm
- Maximum aperture: f/4 to f/5.6
- Lens construction: 12 elements in 10 groups, including one UD-glass element
- Diagonal angle of view: 27 degrees (at 50 feet) to 6 degrees (at 15 feet), with APS-C image sensors
- Focus adjustment: DC motor, gear-driven (front focusing design)
- Closest focusing distance: 3.6 feet (0.31x maximum close-up magnification)
- Filter size: 58mm
This telephoto zoom lens is designed with Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer technology while retaining compactness and lightness, in response to demands of photographers. This high zoom ratio lens is equivalent to a focal length of 88-400mm in the 35mm format (when used on Canon EOS cameras compatible with EF-S lenses), and the image stabilizer effect equivalent to a shutter speed about 4 stops faster than the same size lens without Image Stabilizer. Ideal for photographing distant subjects, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II from Canon is an 88-400mm-equivalent zoom covering a versatile range of telephoto focal lengths.
One ultra-low dispersion element is featured in the optical design to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to achieve high clarity and color accuracy. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast. In other words, if the slowest shutter speed you could formerly hold a 250mm lens steadily was 1/250th of a second, with Canon's 4-stop stabilization correction, you could hand-hold at shutter speeds as slow as 1/15th of a second.
It also uses a UD-glass lens element to correct chromatic aberration for excellent image quality throughout the zoom range. This new EF-S telephoto lens with great features delivers excellent performance at an affordable price for all photographers. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. More significantly, the image stabilizer effect creates an equivalent shutter speed of roughly four stops faster than the same size lens without an image stabilizer.
Included in the package
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens
- Canon E-58 II 58mm Lens Cap
- Canon Lens Dust Cap E (Rear Lens Cap)